North East Humanists (NEH) is a charity which has the following objectives:
- The advancement of Humanism, a non-religious ethical life-stance;
- The advancement of public knowledge about humanist values and beliefs;
- Promoting good fellowship and mutual care amongst humanists locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, fostering social interaction amongst them, and promoting social, intellectual and cultural ties between humanists and society at large;
- Promoting charitable purposes, in particular, but not exclusively, charitable causes having values compatible with Humanism.
- Our annual charity
- This year we are supporting If U Care Share Foundation.The If U Care Share Foundation is a charity promoting emotional well being in young people & supporting families affected by suicide.
- The Isaac Newton School Uganda The money we donate supports under-privileged children and enables them to attend secondary school.
Previous local charities which NEH has supported include:
FareShare – A charity which collects food from supermarkets – which would otherwise go to waste – and distributes it to food banks.
The County Durham Talking Newspaper for the blind.